In March 2020, FYI delivered a Definitive Feasibility Study (DFS) for the Company's integrated Cadoux kaolin and Kwinana high purity alumina project in Western Australia.
The DFS reconfirmed the excellent results from FYI's 2018 Pre-Feasiblity Study (PFS) and demonstrates the quality of the Company's HPA strategy through excellent economic metrics. The DFS outlines the clear pathway forward to developing an integrated HPA business in a favourable operating jurisdiction such as Western Australia.
- US$6,217 HPA cash cost per tonne
- 46% IRR
- 25 year mine life
- US$189m capex
- US$133m average annual EBITDA
- 3.6 year payback period
- US$543m After-tax NPV at 10%
- $US88m cash flow after finance and tax
FYI embraces best practice approach to project development and has total provenance authentication and traceability of its 100% integrated HPA process.
The Company has adopted high enviromental and social standards and governance in relation to the Cadoux HPA Project and its development in order to maximise green and sustainable practices.
FYI is committed to contibuting to clean and renewable industries, both directly and indirectly.
- Reduce fossil fuel dependency
- Reduction of carbon gas emissions
- Supplier to other sustainable and environmentally conscious industries ( EV, LED)
Distinct environmental advantages over current traditional supply (Alkoxide - bauxite / Aluminium)
- Low environmental footprint
- Reduction in raw material waste
- Low toxic waste
- Extensive recycling (inputs and outputs)
- Approximately 50% reduction in greenhouse gas production / ton HPA
- Approximately 40% reduction in processing energy consumption / ton HPA